The Governing Board of Beech Grove Primary School has the following core, strategic functions:
1). Establishing the strategic direction, by:
- Setting and ensuring clarity of vision, values, and objectives for the school
- Agreeing the school improvement strategy with priorities and targets
- Meeting statutory duties
2). Ensuring accountability, by:
- Appointing the headteacher
- Monitoring the educational performance of the school and progress towards agreed targets
- Performance managing the headteacher
- Engaging with stakeholders
- Contributing to school self-evaluation
3). Overseeing financial performance, by:
- Setting the budget
- Monitoring spending against the budget
- Ensuring money is well spent and value for money is obtained
- Ensuring risks to the organisation are managed
Governors usually serve a four-year term on the Governing Board. The role of Governors is now far reaching with wide-ranging responsibilities. In 2021, the Full Governing Board (FGB) decided to form a Finance Committee to further strengthen its commitment to financial oversight as shown in 3). above.
The school employs a Clerk to the Governors to keep accurate minutes of all discussions and to advise the Board of their statutory responsibilities.
A copy of all FGB meeting minutes are available from the school office.
Please see below, the statutory information regarding the Board of Governors:
2023-2024 Beech Grove Full Governing Board Register of Business Interests
2023-2024 Governor attendance at Beech Grove Primary School Full Governing Board Meetings and Finance Committee meetings